Over the last few posts, Innovative Well Abandonment has been using public data to show different aspects of what is going on with wells in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. We have been using data from XI Technologies AssetBook. To see some of our latest posts, you can see our blog page here.
The data that we are looking at in this weeks post shows the top 10 wells that have been producing since the beginning of the year (January 1, 2021). Below you will see the top 10 wells with the company and the BOED rate.
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||00/10-18-079-17W6/00||3,772|
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||00/16-18-079-17W6/00||3,440|
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||03/10-34-078-17W6/00||3,338|
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||00/15-18-079-17W6/00||3,174|
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||00/10-34-078-17W6/00||3,142|
|MURPHY OIL COMPANY LTD||02/15-25-077-17W6/00||2,138|
|TOURMALINE OIL CORP||00/01-06-059-01W6/00||2,119|
|TOURMALINE OIL CORP||00/04-31-058-01W6/00||2,111|
|TOURMALINE OIL CORP||00/03-36-057-27W5/00||1,986|
|OVINTIV CANADA ULC||02/10-34-078-17W6/00||1,935|
Here are some characteristics on the wells that have started producing since January 1st:
- 7 of the top 10 wells are producing from the Montenay
- 3 of the top 10 wells are producing from the Spirit River
- 7 of the top 10 wells are in BC and the other 3 are in Alberta
- The top 10 wells produce 27,154 BOED – 84 BOED Oil and 27,070 BOED Gas
- There are a total of 1180 wells that came onstream
- There were a total of 151 companies that have wells
- Total BOED for all the wells is 239,638 – 55,685 BOED Oil and 183,953 BOED Gas
The map below shows all the locations where any well started producing since January 1st, 2021
This heat map shows where the production is concentrated.
Innovative Well Abandonment is a hydrojet cut and cap company with offices in Neilburg SK, Lloydminster AB, Lac La Biche, AB, Edmonton, Calgary, Drayton Valley, AB, and Fort St. John, BC.
To get more information and to see how Innovative Well Abandonment can help with any cut and cap projects, please fill out the form below.